Thursday, October 28, 2010

Adversity--A Lesson in Logic

I am reminded today of the charge I gave my daughter at her high school graduation this past May.

IF Lamentations 3:22-23 is true
Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.

AND Lamentations 3:38 is true
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that both calamities and good things come?

THEN this must be true:
For the bringer of calamities' compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.

I agree with David today. I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. God is sovereign and good.

Today, I am thankful for a humble husband who surrounds himself with wise friends whom he seeks for godly counsel. I am thankful for wise friends who love us and join us in our desire to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. I can't think of a better chief end of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment